The Forbidden Fruit of Halloween

Halloween was a low key day for me this year. Gall bladder surgery will do that to you. I was stressed out knowing my doctor had forbid fat in my diet. No candy, no cupcakes, no sweets, NO FUN. So, I ignored him, as usual, and stuffed my face with Butterfingers and Baby Ruths.

Just kidding Dr. Orris.
Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding, Oreos, Mint Milano "tombstones"

I did, however, make semi-healthy and fun Halloween goodies that looked sinful, but were secretly almost totally sugar free/ fat free. Nobody knew. And more importantly, it saved me from telling copious amounts of lies to my doctor at our next appointment, telling him I had stuck to my diet.

Take out Pita Jungle (Grilled Veggie salad = drool worthy), gorgeous girlfriends, precious kiddie trick or treaters, and one red-eyed, hairy spider that dropped from the ceiling, scaring EVERYONE, meant a great Halloween for me.

Fat free cream cheese, ranch dressing packet, crushed reduced fat Cheez-Its, bell pepper "pumpkin stems".

 
Remember my Amy Winehouse costume last year?! HAHA. Ridiculous. Scary how I could turn into a crack head so easily....What does this say about me, really?



I hope you all had a great holiday....I'm counting down the days until Thanksgiving! No unappetizing, dry turkey on my plate though...Brown sugar, slow roasted, spiral cut ham all the way!

Comments

M. said…
It's better you don't. My roommate in Spain had just had her's out right before school started. Our senora didn't get the NO fat policy. she thought Olive oil was good fat, so used copious amounts (like a true Spaniard) in everything. My roomie spent a lot of time in the bathroom :/
The Pocket Inn said…
Amy!

What a cute post! I am so in love with all of those halloween ideas! I am going to save them all for next year :)
xoxo
-Katie

Popular Posts