Newport Beach and Grapefruit Brûlée



Right now, I am looking out my 15th floor window, beyond my balcony, at this




Just past this golf course lies the bay and the limits of Newport. My early morning drive took me along a beautiful stretch of rocky beaches, hundreds of friends walking together, solo runners, and leisurely bikers. I was impressed with the sheer number of active people outside, pushing their bodies to the limit, and taking advantage of their beautiful surroundings. I love Arizona and our endless Saguaro cacti fields (can you have cacti fields??)....but we have a serious lack of dramatic scenery like the California coasts.

But on to a yummier part of my morning.... My breakfast included a vegetable egg white omelet, and grapefruit brûlée!


Grapefruit brûlée? What on earth is grapefruit brûlée, you ask?  Inside an adorable espresso cup were 3 small wedges of grapefruit, topped with caramelized sugar, alike to a traditional Crème brûlée. It. Was. Delicious.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mom and I used to go bird watching in the Back Bay...a view from your hotel. Long time ago, far, far away.
Dad

Popular Posts