Running the Javelina Jundred and the super roadtrip van



My friend Scott. Firefighter, ultra-marathoner, Ironman, mountain climber, surfer, SUPER roadtripper.

He knows how to roll in style while in the pursuit of his hobbies. Here is his cross country road tripping van, where everything has been thought out with his entirely customized interior. There are places to store his surf boards, wet suits, climbing gear, coolers, first aid kits, wet towels, dry towels, food, road bikes, extra tires, and I suspect the kitchen sink ....

Remember my recent post about how cool I thought my childhood road tripper van was with our cable TV?? Yah, well Scott has hardwood floors in his. Even cooler. He could breakdance back there!


Congrats to him and my lovely friend Sarah (who ran it dressed up as Rainbow Brite for Halloween!!) in their Javelina Jundred 100 mile marathon here in Phoenix over Halloween weekend. That's 30 hours of CONTINUOUS running out in the desert. If it weren't for his cool van, I might think he's a bit nutty...Well, I take that back. I KNOW he's nutty! I struggle with imagining a marathon...Let alone running roughly 4 of them, back to back...

It's always so much fun to catch up with old friends, and support them in endeavors they are passionate about.... even if the only way I knew how to support them, was to feed them home made donuts, cokes, and any other high calorie food they could stuff in their mouths!!

If running 100 mile marathons means I can eat anything I want, including donuts, maybe this is a sport I should look into???

Comments

Popular Posts