Hobbit House

If I'm ever in Wales again, I might be knocking on this family's door.

Oh my....





This home is too cute for words. Can you imagine growing up here?? This is one man's way of practicing what he preaches regarding sustainability. He says: "This sort of life is about living in harmony with both the natural world and ourselves, doing things simply and using appropriate levels of technology. These sort of low cost, natural buildings have a place not only in their own sustainability, but also in their potential to provide affordable housing which allows people access to land and the opportunity to lead more simple, sustainable lives."

I feel like this is the grownup way of building a fort. Except they get to live in it! This is WAY better than sheets draped over upside down chairs in the living room.



Our grandparents have a balcony in their great room that overlooked the kitchen, living room and dining room. As children, we'd run up the wood and black iron spiral staircase giggling, hauling snacks, pillows, books and whatever else we could carry on our lofty adventure. I always felt invisible as I stared down at whatever was happening below. Perched above, I observed, listened, and sometimes dropped a snack or two on my unsuspecting family....

I can only imagine the kiddos who live here would have just as much fun on their balcony.
 

 
See the whole process on Arthur Cristian's site. Click Here. Maybe we should all build a fort tonight out of pillows, chairs and sheets. I don't think I'll ever feel too old for that....

Comments

M. said…
this made me very happy. I want to go see it!! I want to spend the night in it. Think he'd let us?

Popular Posts