Vintage Grand Central Station


I thought these shots of NYC's Grand Central Station were so beautiful. Everything seems s-l-o-w-e-r, but I'm sure in their day, it was one of the most hurried spots in town. 

I think of today's massively insane crowds at airports, train stations, etc... Manners and niceties seem to have been forgotten.
Do you ever wish we could be a little less rushed? More polite? 


I wish we could dress like this everyday too...The men look so dapper and handsome in their 3 piece suits. The women so classically beautiful in their white gloves, fur coats, belted dresses and heels. 
October 1941. "Grand Central Terminal, New York City."

What an era...

The light doesn't shine in like this any longer with the neighboring high rises.

Comments

M. said…
fancy a trip to NYC now?! I do!!!
Kris said…
yes that definitely looks like a slower pace than now! such fun pictures. they were able to stop and take a breathe in life and enjoy what's around them.

Popular Posts