Le Marché Français


The final French Market of the season was this past Saturday. Sad to see it go, but happy because so many of the market tenders will be heading home to their families in France. I will miss the scent of fresh basil, as the chef blends it into pesto for his panini sandwiches.


I will miss the free samples the ASU Accounting student / Schnepf Farms stand worker always handed me under the table. He "loved my enthusiasm for vegetables". He didn't know he was making the understatement of the year.


I asked permission to take photos of their vegetable table spread. Not only did he graciously oblige, but he stepped in as my food stylist! If there were two tomatoes next to each other of the same color, he quickly switched them around for variety.


He intermixed the strawberries with the tomatoes, so I'd have "texture" in my picture. Always one step ahead of me, moving things around to help me capture a beautiful shot.

I wonder how much he'd charge me to hire him away from school...Hmm....



Dragon Beans!





Hopefully you feel inspired to eat your fruit and veggies today at lunch. Don't they look delicious and wonderful? I may be slightly enthralled with these two important food groups, but I suppose I could be obsessed over worse things. 

Happy eating, friends!

Comments

M. said…
I'm so glad I was eating a salad as i read this, not some candy bar or bag of chips!
Nicole said…
so yummy!! so beautiful!!! We are soul sisters!!!
I will post that salsa recipe, Amy! It is SOOOO good! Collin is at the store now getting avacado for more tonight! yum! :)

Popular Posts