30 Years of Marriage


June 21, 1980

First day of summer. Longest day of the year. The day my beautiful parents were married in a grassy field in the mountains of California. 
Have you ever seen that look of love upon two people's faces? Where the groom sees his future, his children, his sorrows comforted, his joys celebrated. The bride sees a future father, her confidant, her biggest fan, her protector. I see it here, and I'm so thankful they found each other. Their marriage has taught me about loyalty, dedication, perseverance, humor, honesty, passion, appreciation, and unconditional love. Thank you mommy. Thank you daddy. I LOVE YOU!

HONESTLY, mom, could you be more beautiful? I think not. P.S. can I wear your dress on my day??

Did I mention how important laughter was in their marriage??? Here's more proof.....

Comments

M. said…
Um, I love that photo of them running toward each other in the field. How much more calif. can you get? :)
Nicole said…
so sweet. inspiring!!!
GORGEOUS photos and wedding dress! I see where you get your beauty!

Popular Posts