I Wish I Felt Foreign Today...

Staying on the outskirts. Muskat, Oman from my hotel.
 
When you travel, when do you feel like you're truly on the other side of the world? When do you feel completely foreign?

 Flying high over Africa


 I haven't felt that way in a long time, and I miss it. I miss learning new customs as the locals teach me. I miss trying new and adventurous foods as the locals feed me. I love writing a new story on a clean slate, in a new chapter of my life. Authenticity. The feeling of seeing something for the first time, never to be seen that way again.

 Tripoli, Libya. Entrance to the gold suk (market).

Demilitarized Zone. Blue is South Korea. Grey is North Korea. Snipers in every window.

 Arctic Circle sunrise welcomes us to Bodø, Norway


Rain clouds watching over a Bermuda cemetery 


I was just reading my dear friend Melinda's blog, and she told the story of her friend who one day decided she really didn't feel like going to work. So she drove to the airport and bought a ticket to London for a week. 

Well, wouldn't that be lovely.

I don't think I'd ever hesitate at that sort of spontenaity. Too bad my work disagrees. And my bank account.

So in the meantime, I will just look at my photos, and daydream.... 


What kind of travel do you dream of taking??

Comments

Whitney said…
You're so blessed to have been all of those places! I truly envy you. I dream of picking up and moving to London-- maybe living in a flat and driving out to the countryside to sit in the grass and write all day long. Sighh.
Eman said…
Amazing !! Travelling is a real Bless! you get to see all the wonders around the world ,, and it makes your senses of God's creations ! The more i travel the more i believe !.. Thanks for the great blog ,, ^_^ and Enjoy !!

Popular Posts