The Love Lock

Miss Sara, my Frenchie, has spent the summer studying at La Sorbonne in Paris. She has bazillions of incredible photos of the incredible architecture, historical landmarks, Normandy landscapes, decadent macaroons, thick slices of chocolate truffle cake, beautiful French fashion, and an entire chain link fence of Love Locks! How very French. Devoting an entire public monument to love and passion. 


This photo captured something for me. I can't really describe the mix of feelings it creates. It's almost as if the side of me with commitment issues is fighting with my desire for a love that never ends.

I was raised to know that love can be eternal. Love can be unconditional. Love will always be a work in progress. During our time on earth with anyone we love, it's a process of choices. We choose to forgive, we choose to look past one another's shortcomings, we give, we give some more, we choose to love. 

To give and not expect return, that is what lies at the heart of love. ~ Oscar Wilde

Love… What is love? Love is to love someone for who they are, who they were, and who they will be.  ~Chris Moore

Comments

So neat! I would LOVE to go to Paris.
Anonymous said…
Amy I just found this looking through your Paris part of your blog - I got choked up in a class where we're talking about the death penalty lol
-SNL

Popular Posts