Raspberry Shortcake from New York's Chase Farms

I'll tell you a little secret about New York..... 
most of it is beautiful, lush, green hills, rolling farmland, barns and animals, and s-p-a-c-e

 
 Another little known secret, is where to find the best berry shortcakes east of the Mississippi. A small road-side stand that would be missed if you blinked too fast or sneezed at the right time. 

Thankfully, I don't have allergies, and I don't blink. Ever.
Kidding. That would be weird. Wait.... I am weird.

Before my family went their separate ways (sniff), we decided to stop by Chase Farms for raspberry shortcake. 

I had the berry popsicle that is served up truly homemade. Waxed dixie cup and all. 

The fun part is going to play with the goats in their backyard pen. I love how awkwardly ugly and cute they can be at the same time. Their fuzzy muzzles, big yellow teeth, googly eyes, and general affinity for being loved/pet.

Dr. Katie decided to go a little overboard with the love. She may or may not be wiping an eye booger from this goat's eye...Don't ask me. I tell her she's adopted.
 But, he loves her for it, and agreed to snuggle up for this photo. Don't mind my father's disgusted face in the background. He's a people doctor, and uninterested in the goat population. Elitist.  

Comments

Unknown said…
Popsicles and goats! Sounds like a perfect thing for a Sunday afternoon!
Nicole said…
That Berry Popsicle looks so so so good!
Jamie said…
Amy,

There are so many things I wish o knew then that I know now. I love the goats and ice cream...I never did that when I lived there. A reason to go back and visit I guess! Thank you for your lovely blog.

Popular Posts