Sunsets Make Burgers Taste Better


Who says doing dishes is a chore? 
When this is my view while doing them, not me.


The reason behind the dirty dishes was a deceptively healthy and delicious turkey burger I made for dinner. Totally worth it. 

I simply took ground turkey, seasoned it with pepper, Italian herbs, and Herbes de Provence (mix of savory, basil, fennel, thyme, and lavender).


First I sauteed 1/4 cup red onion over medium heat. When you sautee red onions, they carmelize and become sweet and gooey. They are absolutely divine! The trick is to take them off the heat while they still have a crispy bite to them, but are soft and gooey at the same time. Delicious.

After setting the cooked onions aside, use the same pan to cook the turkey burger. Once fully cooked through (unlike my steaks, which I eat RARE...a.k.a. still moo'ing), top the burger with shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (the real Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, from the regions surrounding Parma, Italy), and your bewilderingly delicious red onions. 

This my friends, is a meal. Especially when the afternoon setting sun lights up your kitchen and makes your dish look even sexier. 

Ciao!!!

Comments

you should open a restaurant. that sounds so yummy! i love your view by the way

Popular Posts