the air felt heavy


It is 6:30am as I walk out my front door. The damp morning chill greets me. It is a welcome change. The pink sky is exploding with color. The soft clouds look like dyed cotton. 

The moon barely hangs on, brightly shining in the western sky. The light of the night is fading quickly as the colorful sunrise competes for center stage.


The smell of burned breakfast is heavy in the air. Someone rose early enough to cook eggs and bacon....Did they get distracted? Did they forget it on the stove? 

Do they simply prefer burnt toast, like another one of my friends? I wasn't hungry, leaving the house with sliced fruit in a bag. 

I find myself crunching into my apple sooner than expected. 

Good Monday morning.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love your vivid, poetic discription. Love you too.
Dad
Nicole said…
I miss those beautiful az mornings!

Popular Posts