My Best Friend: Ice


I am healing. Slowly but surely.
I tore my meniscus running. POP. Pain. No more running. So, this was a planned (but not a welcome!) surgery.

I have many things to be grateful for. There are some really exciting changes coming quickly in my life. More info to come soon..... This knee surgery has been a nice break from the madness life can create sometimes. It has helped me realize that having other people help ME for once is actually really nice. It's hard for me to accept help.... and this situation has definitely been one where I needed it. My friends and family are amazing.

I'm so grateful to my sissy Katie for letting me recover at her house. Laying by the pool with a good book (Anna Karenina), grapes, sparkling water and the occasional pain pill, is just what I needed.

I'm also grateful for my fellow gimp, knee-surgery patient, sissy Sara. She has acted as my doctor since she knows first hand the best tips and tricks of healing a bum knee. Poor girl tore her ACL/MCL skiing a few months ago. Being an ASU volleyball player has made this injury even more of a drag for her!

We stopped by Walmart to get my medicine. What do gimps do in grocery stores? We ride electric carts together, of course!!



Thanks to Sara, this white tubey contraption on my leg is working it's magic. It is circulating ice cold water around my whole knee and leg.


Ice = best friend.

Thank you sweet friends for all the positive thoughts, vibes and prayers. I feel it. I am so grateful for this opportunity to get well and get back to my regular running routine!

Comments

Angela said…
Oh my goodness! Hope your recovery is speedy. It's so sad to see your bandaged foot pic underneath your beach/flip-flop foot picture. Let's trade those in quickly.
Sheryl Towers said…
Exactly my thought, too, Angela. But, Amy...is that a MORPHINE drip? I never had anything like that when I had hand or NECK surgery. My friend, Barbi did, for her leg/foot. Guess I've been getting the wrong surgeon's. LOL
Sheryl Towers said…
P.S. I live with ice packs, don't leave home without them.
M. said…
what, what?!! As soon as I'm home I want to know what happened. FEEL BETTER, i'm so sorry. xxxx
I'm so sorry! I hope you get better very fast!
Nicole said…
OH MAN!!! Sorry that happened, but glad you are doing better!!! Well, you sure have the cutest nails on a bum knee, ever. Love you! Keep healing!

Popular Posts