Pretzel Bread


I'm not sure why this is, but pretzel bread has wound up on my plate 3 times in the last 3 days. First at Postino. Second at The Vig. Third, La Grande Orange.

It's not like there is a season for bread, but it certainly seems like pretzel bread is indeed in season.

Pretzel bread is not quite a simple as flat bread or dinner rolls, but the loaves come out of the oven with a deep, brown pretzel crust and a slightly sweet, tender center. Cinnamon and extra brown sugar can create a sweet pretzel, or garlic and other spices can create a more savory pretzel. The loaves can be baked into mini-loaves, sandwich loaves or just cut into chunks and served as a snack. I love all the options!! 

Does anyone have a simple recipe? And when I say simple, I mean.... I could accomplish this with 3 utensils or less.

I'm a wanna-be baker in distress. Help.

Comments

Emily said…
I don't know if making bread is ever really simple, but here's a recipe along with tutorial pictures/guidance on how to make it turn out well. Good luck! :)

http://allrecipes.com/cook/kathleen/blogentry.aspx?postid=159365

Popular Posts