When One Door Closes, Another Opens


images
 Today, I close a chapter in my book of life. 

I'm not sad, because I'm taking a leap. Where I'll land, I know. But there is much to learn once I get there. 

I do know that I'll be in a position to make a difference. And that is what makes all the difference.

I am grateful.

I'll share the email I sent my colleagues today. I wanted it to convey my gratitude for the impact they've had, while at the same time expressing my excitement for the future. 

I've done the blind leap before. It doesn't get any easier. But this time I feel the most prepared. My eyes and heart are focused on a positive future. I know it's right, and that is also what makes all the difference. 




Dear Friends,

Today is my final day in Corporate Learning, and on Sunday I begin my new journey with Thunderbird for Good and the Pakistan Artemis group of women. I am excited for this new path, and I’m grateful that Thunderbird provides potential for personal growth within our own organization.

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for the impact you’ve made on my life and my career. I strongly believe that my attitude, accomplishments and successes are a function of the people I spend the most time with. Thank you for your confidence, leadership, enthusiasm, professionalism, flexibility and sincerity.

My definition of success is having the means and ability to improve the lives of others. 

This is my goal and my motivation. Thankfully that matches up with my new role and responsibilities. I hope to see you at future Global Cohort, Project Artemis and other T4G functions!

Best Wishes,
Amy

Comments

Chet said…
Great post. Love Jon Winters' quote.
Good luck honey. I know you'll thrive in this new endeavor and it will bring great joy and growth to your life. We are so very proud of you.
Your dad
Taylor Morgan said…
I love leaps of faith. Sometimes they are really necessary for us to take our faith to that next level. Only growth and good things can come from it. best of luck!! :)

Popular Posts