Know what you seek. Trust your instincts.



US & Foreign Commercial Service Chief Suresh Kumar tells the '11 Thunderbird School of Global Management graduating class:

“Those who seek a global career do so at a time of incredible opportunity and change. Don’t obsess over your career and over-plan, just pursue your passion and great things will ensue. If I were to satisfy my parents I would have been a doctor; if I followed my grades I would have been a finance major; and if I stuck to the advice of teachers , bosses and search consultants I would not have strayed off the beaten track. Going with the flow has helped me perform better as an executive, leader, and public servant. Without a doubt, it has made me the person I am."


Some pieces of advice:

Live a life of purpose and passion and embrace change.


Know what you seek, have a plan of action, but be willing to adapt and improvise.


Trust your instinct, and go with the flow.


There is a world of opportunity out there to win the future.


Plan a future but be willing to adapt and improvise.



Comments

M. said…
ah, just what I needed this morning. Loves! xx

Popular Posts