The Commandments of Friendship


photo credit

Friends are necessary. Girl friends are essential. I miss my best girlfriends....we're scattered all over the country, each chasing our dreams and destinies. I miss them, but I'm proud of them. Starting their own families. Continuing their educations. Creating themselves by loving and living their lives to the fullest.

At first glance, when I first read this list from Marc and Angel (love them!), I thought, oh I can do this. But after thinking deeply about what it takes to be successful at each of these... it takes effort, commitment and dedication to being a good friend through thick and thin. 

These can apply to family, boyfriends, husbands, wives, etc. 

Try something new for 30 days. Think about giving these a shot, and see how your relationships improve.


Friends and family need you to…

  • Notice without critiquing.
  • Appreciate without comparing.
  • Listen without interruption.
  • Question without objection.
  • Challenge without mocking.
  • Consider without doubting.
  • Discuss without criticizing.
  • Smile without hesitation.
  • Give without expectation.
  • Comfort without lying.
  • Guide without misleading.
  • Forgive without resentment.
  • Rest without judgment.

They need you to be you – just the way you are.

And they need you to respect them – just the way they are.

Comments

I love this last bit of tips!

Popular Posts