Veggie Cooking Cheat Sheet


Cooking vegetables can be confusing sometimes, because each one is inherently so different. Ask and you shall receive, fellow veggie lover friends! 


I love the hand drawn figures, especially because if I tried to draw mushrooms, they'd end up looking like scary alien ears.


Yumi's Vegetable Cooking Cheat Sheet
photo credit

So step away from the pop tart! Yes, I know it's frosted and delicious (debatable).  

Try to strive for at least 2 cups of fruit and 3 cups of veggies today. 

Here are a few examples of what counts as a cup. In the morning, I love adding banana to Grapenuts cereal. Am I the only one on this planet who loves Grapenuts with no sugar? I love that crunchy deliciousness!



Morning
1 cup
1/2 cup
Small apple
Bowl of cereal with bananas
1 small apple
1 small banana
Mid-day
1 cup
1/2 cup
Salad
Baby carrots
1 cup of lettuce* and
1/2 cup of other vegetables
6 baby carrots
Evening
1 cup
1/2 cup
Dinner with sweet potato and green beans
Grapes
1/2 large sweet potato and
1/2 cup of green beans
16 grapes





Tonight's agenda is especially exciting. I'm getting my hair done (finally). Then I'm doing dinner and a movie with my beautiful sissy. I CAN'T WAIT! :)


Happy healthy eating and Happy Thursday! Woohoo!!! 

Comments

Oh my gosh I LOVE this post! I am such a fan of people who blog about healthy eating!!! XOXO
tiff and jay. said…
this is my favorite thing!! i am totally going to print out the veggie cooking sheet because I always just throw everything in and roast it until it looks done lol.

Popular Posts