It's all about perspective



First.... Happy Fall!
photos via @picturecool



Anaïs Nin on what we see:
“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”
An optimistic person will (for example) notice the opportunities, things to be grateful for and that even though things may be hard or bad right now,  they will change. 


The pessimist will likely stay stuck in inaction, think that his or her world will not change, and look down on the optimist as some naïve fool as a way to feel superior and better about himself/herself.
"Pessimism is an advanced decision to be disappointed" -Bill Clinton


I recommend going the optimistic route... 
This quote is also interesting because it helped me realize that what I see in my world can also say things about me.
If I'm finding a lot of hostility or standoff-ishness towards me in my world then perhaps I am actually the hostile one. 


If something about people irritates me, then perhaps it is because that quality is something I have, and it is something I don't like about myself?
Think about your world and what it can tell you about yourself. 


Think about yourself and how you may be interpreting the world in ways that do not serve you very well.


Today is a beautiful day - enjoy it. Don't overanalyze. Let go of expectations. Be grateful. Tell your family you love them.


Have a great weekend my loves!

Comments

ali v. said…
Optimism is definitely the way I like to go, though it's hard sometimes...I know in the end that {like you said} I should be grateful for the life I've been given :)

Hope you had a fabulous weekend! xoxo {av} | {long distance loving}
renee said…
Amy, I completely agree with what you wrote..and even though it makes sense that optimism should be our ultimate goal, it can be quite a challenge for some whereas others it may be second nature. Have you ever read the book "The Secret?" If you haven't it's a great read, all about the law of attraction and positive thinking! xx

Popular Posts