At the Table, One Never Grows Old





Sushi feast with friends. I love the atypical concept (unless it's a family style restaurant) of sharing at a restaurant in America. 


I feel like the American eating culture is so solitary. We each order our own appetizer, entree and dessert. Is it because we don't want to share? Are we a society of dietary restrictions? I know I have my own restrictions.... Ordering something for myself makes life easier for all at the table. No butter, oil, fat.... it's a no gallbladder thing.... 


I love sushi dates. Ones that leaves so much room for sharing, talking about your food, interesting new flavors. 


There's a quote I keep in my kitchen "A tavola non s'invecchia" meaning At the table, one never grows old.  I love that. I take this to mean that the pleasures of good food and company are such that the passage of time is suspended.


Did your family raise you in a home that shared food? Talking around the table? Eating standing up in the kitchen while talking, cooking more, and laughing (ok, that's probably only my strange family...)? 

Comments

mmm... I love going out for sushi! Along with our usual favourites, we like to order something that we've never had before to try. At our house, creating and sharing food is just what we do!
M. said…
now I really want sushi! glad you had fun. xx
ms.composure said…
sushi dates are my FAV!! sushi is also one of my fav things to eat...def wish i could eat it more

infinitelifefintess.com

http://mscomposure.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts