How Do You Write a Family Christmas Letter?

My daddy-o is on the top row, second from left. What a DOLL.
A cousin of my father's (thank you, Robbie) just posted this holiday greeting to the family via facebook. Just another reason I love my big, Italian family. Family is forever.
This is a Holiday message to all those "cousins" who grew up away from the "core" family home town, whether you are in California or elsewhere. I am of the generation that grew up right here in Central New York State, and I was wondering if you all sometimes feel removed from the sentiments and memories that are often evoked here, on this Family Facebook page. No need for that, because there is something in our upbringing that always identifies each and every one of you, who you are "from", and generally what you are up to. In our family tradition you are held close at heart, especially during holidays and celebratory times. And so, on behalf of all the elders who have departed before us, please allow me to send heartfelt holiday greetings to ALL of you, from the oldest to the youngest. We may be geographically apart, but we are eternally connected at heart. I can imagine all those that have passed on, smiling on us with tears of joy, because we will always stay connected. Love from here in the American hometown—Herkimer, New York, to wherever on Earth you are. Please enjoy the Holiday season with your loved ones. We love them too!

My Papa and my Grandma Anne
Remember to show your family and friends every.single.day. that you love them. No excuses.

Comments

robbfred said…
Amy,

Thank you for extending the "share". I cannot fully express the love with which we were nurtured as youngsters, but I can believe it exists despite us!

Cousin Robb
renee said…
What a lovely & heart warming post! It's so tough living away from family, and this was such a moving holiday letter. My dad lives halfway across the country, in Cali, and I in Michigan, so I know what it's like. Hope you're doing well :) xx.
What a beautiful letter! That really made me smile. We don't do family letters, only because I still write letters to everyone all year anyway. But this, this was just beautiful :)
Hena Tayeb said…
A wonderful sentiment. My son's grandparents are all on different continents and we make a point to skype with them every weekend. He usually doesn't sit still or look at the screen so we just take our laptop and follow him around the house while he plays.. this way he has their voices with him always.

Popular Posts