How to Eat a Pomegranate


Do you love pomegranates but hate the red mess and juice they spray everywhere?

That's my dilemma - Every time I want to eat a pomegranate, which is daily, I end up with more juice on my walls and floor than in my bowl. It looks like I got homicidal in my kitchen. :/


Here is a simple solution. Eat on pom lovers!


My now-pink teak cutting board. oops.


Slice up your fruit. Fill a bowl with water and pluck off the seeds underwater. No spray!



The seeds fall right to the bottom and any pith floats to the top. 



Done in under 2 minutes. Just pour off the water and the bitter white stuff. 



And there you have it. Juicy, red pomegranate seeds. And my pretty copper strainer. I love copper in my kitchen!



Perfect breakfast.

Comments

Kyla said…
Mmm, I love pomegranates! The work is definitely worth it for the seeds :)
renee said…
Pomegranates are one of my absolute favorite, and this seems like such a better idea than what I've been doing all along! I'll definitely have to try your method out :)
Bonnie said…
You know, I have always wondered about this ...

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Oh, this looks so good right now! And really helpful tip, I always struggle with that too.

Popular Posts