Snowballs and Sledding

Actually, I learned that the Swiss call it 'sledging', but I still say sledding. Even if they look at me funny.

We headed out to Luzerne and Weggis (pronounced Vegas!) to do some sledging and snowball throwing! The drive was stunning. The people were friendly. The company was stellar.

















We stopped in for a little warmth and a hot treat. Not that I could eat any...sad. 

I never realized how extremely expensive Switzerland is. I'm talking $5 for a soda, $15 for a McDonalds combo meal, $20 minimum for a restaurant meal. Incredible!




What an amazing way to start 2012. 

I feel peaceful, motivated, inspired and grateful. I am so very thankful that I was able to make this trip work. I'm grateful for my friends who have hosted us, driven us around, taken us sight seeing, fed us... I hope they come to Arizona someday soon so I can return the favor! May we all step into 2012 with hope and a renewed sense of generosity and gratitude!


Comments

Unknown said…
Looks amazingly beautiful! Glad you are enjoying a fantastic vacation.
Elle Sees said…
i spent xmas there once, but not skiing! and it was expensive!
Louise said…
we call it sledging in england too haha

love switzerland, i didn't make it to Luzerne just Zurich and Watwil but what an amazing country

Popular Posts