This is Where I've Been




Thanks for bearing with me. Are they not the most beautiful women ever??? 





In the 4 short days they've been here already, I feel like I've learned and grown so much. Each one comes with different talents, hardships, life stories and PERSONALITY. They are so happy!  So grateful! So motivated to succeed! 


One comes from Palau, where the entire population of the island country is 20,000. Her coffee house is the only one on the island, and if her espresso machine breaks there is no one to fix it. Can you imagine? We would just run down the street to Bed Bath and Beyond and buy one for $500. She would need to import one from Guam, or Indonesia. Her business halted until it arrived. 


We Americans certainly do take our conveniences for granted.


Others come from Kyrgyzstan. One woman is a farmer and veterinarian! You'd never guess who, because she's tiny. She wants to start the very first horseback riding club in the whole country. She had the novel idea of getting people to pay her to train them how to ride horses. To take them on trail rides. To teach people how to groom a horse. She would be the only "horse club", as she puts it, in her country. Imagine her excitement when we showed her an entire rack of brochures for tourists that offer the same exact services right here in Phoenix. When I told her that Western wear stores are everywhere here, and they sell clothing just for horseback riding, her eyes lit up like she'd won the lottery! What a moment. We're going shopping tonight, and I have a feeling she'll love the cowboy boot selection. 


Another woman comes from Malaysia and provides post-natal care to women after giving birth. She helps them regain their strength, beauty, health and fitness through traditional Malay remedies. All natural teas, bath herbs, exercise, support.... I tried one of her teas and it was absolutely incredible. It was almost sweet with zero sweeteners. All natural plans and herbs. She has 4 children, the oldest being 18. I was absolutely stunned. She looks 18 herself, seriously! Whatever she is doing -- it's working!


These are just 3 examples of my 28 select women. The Phoenix Business Journal did a great job writing up a brief summary on my program. I'm thrilled with the attention and support these women are getting from the community - they deserve it! I am so blessed that this is my "job". It does not feel like work, and I guess that's the goal, right??


"What we are learning around the world is that if women are healthy and educated, their families will flourish. If women are free from violence, their families will flourish. If women have a chance to work and earn as full and equal partners in society, their families will flourish. 

And when families flourish, communities and nations will flourish.

That is why every woman, every man, every child, every family, and every nation on our planet has a stake in the discussion that takes place here." - Hillary Rodham Clinton 

Comments

madilla said…
Wow! What a great post!
As a mother of almost 2 my dream is to set up a professional organizing business in Hungary. Nobody does home organizing over here. The first step toward my goal was to set up my blog.
Thanks for inspiring me to go on!

Popular Posts