Deceptively Healthy Energy Drink







Let me begin by saying:  I am not a nutritionist. I am not a doctor. I am just a hard-working, running, exercising, healthy eating, often tired chica who sometimes indulges in an energy drink in the morning if I'm having trouble getting my move on.


I usually drink green tea. There was even a time where I gave up caffeine cold turkey. Crazy idea.


But sometimes I enjoy the lemonade, non-carbonated Rockstars. They look a little like this:


I am also obviously a sucker for marketing, because living in Arizona, we are constantly fighting dehydration. If you don't have water in your hand, you're already a step behind. "Rockstar Recovery" bills itself as this: 


ROCKSTAR RECOVERY is designed for those who need a strong energy boost when it counts - plus maximum recovery and hydration, B-vitamins, caffeine, electrolytes, and ROCKSTAR's potent herbal blend are formulated to deliver that extra kick. Fully refreshing lemonade flavor made with real lemon juice. Recovery is smooth, powerful, and easy to drink.




Hmm... Think lemonade. Plus caffeine. That's what it tastes like. So it's deceptively delicious! But in reality....water is where it's at. Real water. 


So, now to the point of my post. I've been blending up veggies/fruits/protein powder for the last few weeks as my out-the-door breakfast and snack choice. It really is delicious. But drinking that entire drink, plus green tea (or a Rockstar Recovery if I was super tired) made me SO FULL.


Today, lightbulb moment in my kitchen. Instead of using water in my smoothie, use the lemonade rockstar! Make a fruity morning drink! I tried it. It was delicious. Now the only problem, is this 'healthy energy drink' is deceptively healthy. It's still an energy drink. But if you're ok with that, like I obviously am, drink away! Can't get better than a spinich'ified energy boost!


Recipe for a Tropical Spinach Rockstar:


One can Rockstar Recovery Lemonade
3 large handfuls of spinach
5 stalks celery
6 frozen strawberries
1 Tbsp flax seed meal
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use EvoPro by CytoSport)


It was sweet, but not too sweet. Very refreshing. Very delicious. 


Cheers to happy, healthy, energetic mornings. (p.s. Try not to drink these every day. Caffeine isn't the best choice...But it is sometimes my only choice if I want to be a normal human being... Save your judgements. I already know.


"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there." ~Rumi


Comments

Val said…
I think I could drink this daily!!! Mmm
Anonymous said…
What about Fast Twitch in that drink?
Don't you sometimes knock down Fast Twitch's in the morning?
Louise said…
haha that sounds way healthier, definitely a trick I would use, and it still looks healthy ;)
secret stare
Meggan said…
This sounds great! I love yummy and healthy shakes! xx

Popular Posts