Healthy Baked Chicken and Roasted Asparagus

That's a lot of chicken.

S. and I bought chicken and decided to cook it two ways. This is his way. It's BBQ sauce and all kinds of spices. I didn't really pay attention to what he was adding -- just the fact that so much was being added to already-delicious BBQ sauce! He said "Trust me". I do. Amazingness.

Then I said "You will like the vegetables I'm about to make you eat. "Trust me". And he did. And he loved them.

He added some wild rice and creamed corn to his plate. He's a mid-westerner. What can I say.
blurry - sorry

I stuck with the roasted asparagus (sprinkle of olive oil and shaved Parmesan cheese) and my version of the chicken.

Take a Le Creuset pot (or oven safe dish). Throw in your marinade (I used 1 cup agave, 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce, 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tbsp diced garlic). Throw in your chicken. Mix up nicely. Cover. Throw in a 380 degree oven for approx. 30 minutes. If you want to crisp it up (highly recommend this), line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (to keep things easy peasy clean) and throw under the broiler for a few minutes. Just keep your eye on it.  p.s. I know I just said to do a lot of 'throwing' around of your chicken. Don't actually throw it. That spreads germs.
Crispy little chickens
See how easy this cleanup will be?? Wonderful.

Comments

Val said…
What a perfect dinner. I'm instantly hungry.
Brooke said…
Thank you for sharing! This looks delicious!
S said…
Do you want me to share my secret chicken recipe that you pictured above? Wait, better yet, I will give you the cream corn and wild rice one........Nothing better when you are starving.

Popular Posts