Healthy Beautiful Snack Trays - Flying Days Nostalgia!



As many of you know, I used to work on private jets. A HUGE part of my job was coming up with creative ways to feed my guests. Healthy was good, but not always easy. Especially when we'd spend months in Europe, and boss-man only wanted French cheese, Italian meats and Illy Espresso. His doctor and I put a stop to that quickly...

I learned that if I made it simple, easy to pick up, and pretty, he was more likely to eat it! Men are so visual. Ha...  

Now, I couldn't always fool him...He still wanted cookies every now and then... "Famous Amy's" cookies (as a friend of his coined), to be exact. But most of the time, he'd give into the pretty spreads. Here are some of the ideas. I'll post as much of the "recipe" as I can, but most of the time, I threw it together on the fly based on what I could find at the markets in each country. Not always consistent like in America!

L to R: Taziki, Hummus, Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots, Grapes, Broccolini, Persian Cucumbers
1/2 fat free Greek Yogurt, 1/2 Blueberry Yogurt. Sliced Fruits. Homemade Parfait of Greek Yogurt mix, Granola, Berries
Not-so-healthy croissants, bran muffins, pastries. Sliced fruits. Sliced salmon (lox) and capers.
Toasted French Baguette, Bruschetta spread, Slice Tomato, Basil Leaf, Thin Slice Parmesan Cheese. Sliced Veggies and a Spinach/Taziki dipping store-bought sauce.
L to R: Mixed Raw Nuts, Parmesan Cheese Chunks, Cucumbers with Olive Oil/Salt/Pepper, Berries, Toasted French Baguette with a Sliced Tomato, Anchovy (eek. His favorite) drizzled with olive oil. Toast points with Artichoke Hearts and Dried Basil.
L to R: Dried Apricot with a Pistachio and small chunk of Bleu Cheese. Pita stuffed with crab/shrimp salad. Cucumbers drizzled with olive oil/salt/pepper. Parmesan cheese chunks. Cherry Tomatoes. Hummus and Pita Bread.
The not-so-healthy Italian Meats table! Sossapressa, Capocolla, Pancetta, Mortadella, Prosciutto
Not-so-healthy but delicious desserts! I always liked to have fun and give them stuff that was unexpected. :) This was for July 4th, hence the red/white/blue M&Ms. I also had chili powdered dried mangoes, black licorice, toffee peanuts, corn nuts, red licorice and Pop Rocks! :)
Fall Desserts! The middle cookies are  the "Famous Amy's" Cookies. As in, only famous with 2 people. But that's ok. :)

Rice Krispy Treats! The secret is using 2 bags of marshmallows instead of one and 6 cups Rice Krispys. Then they are extra gooey delicious!!




Hope you enjoyed the spread. I'm going to go chow down on lunch now. I'm starvin! :)

Comments

UM YUM. How divine is all of that! Lucky girl!
Taylor said…
this looks fantastic!! those yogurt parfaits, YUM.
Taylor Morgan said…
looks yummy! I am all about healthy snacks!!
Wow! I didn't know you used to work on private jets! Exciting! I'm all about healthy snacks too, especially this month because my goal is to eat healthy. Your blog always has great inspiration for that!
Meggan said…
These look like amazing spreads! Great healthy ideas!
Kyla said…
Oh, I'm so drooling over these pretty spreads! It's definitely not just men who are visual people when it comes to food, I know I certainly am :)
Anonymous said…
Great food and what an amazing job! Were you a personal assistant, a chef? Would be interesting but I can imagine could be frustrating as well. Love your recipes, especially that focaccia :)

Anna (My Design Ethos)
S said…
Where are the Fast Twitch's?

Popular Posts