The Reality of Paying it Forward - Thank You Financial Times!



"5,500 women who have so far been trained, 80% have achieved revenue growth, 60% have created new jobs and nine out of 10 are mentoring another woman."


“Through this coalition, the 10,000 Women Initiative is building a network of shared knowledge, expertise and human capital ... (which) may well be one of the most important legacies of the entire effort.”


The initiative is projected to reach 7,500 women by the end of this year and a total of 10,000 women by December 2013.


The best part is "the nine out of ten mentors"... These ladies hadn't even been home a week post-program, and I started receiving photos and stories of seminars, luncheons, leadership trainings etc. that they were already holding to share what they learned! 


Real life, real time 'paying it forward'. The reality of educating women!


The Financial Times ran a brilliant article today about the program I manage at work. I feel blessed.


Also one of my least favorite photos of myself ever! haha, but who cares. it's not about me. the ladies are beautiful and look so excited!




I was also stunned that it took me half the day to locate a physical copy of the FT so I could clip out the article!! I feel like I'm in a cultural black hole sometimes here in Arizona... That is, until I get to work.


Then I get to work with people like this. Click here for the article.



Comments

Bri Buzali said…
This is very very awesome, it's always great to be doing work that we love, and helps others! CONGRATS!
lucia m said…
loving the post!!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com
Empowerment and financial literacy, both so important. What a great read, thanks for sharing :)
PS the nail polish I was wearing in that picture was "Pearl Pusher" by Sally Hansen. I'm really loving it!

Popular Posts