Worldwide Veggie Intervention



I posted this photo today on Facebook. It's my contribution to the dessert table at our work open house where we welcomed the entire Thunderbird School of Global Management campus to our building to see our newly renovated offices.




One of my beautiful women from the 10,000 Women program commented on the photo:


'My son just said if this is the same Amy thats making us eat Veggies. I told him YES this is your Aunty Eat Your Vegies! Thanks Amy, the kids now want to go supermarket for some strawberries. hahaha they are expensive so maybe a fruit juice will do!"


 You see -- while they were here in America, I would take them to dinners in Phoenix and Scottsdale. If I was ordering, I would always order healthy things... Vegetables and fruits! Oh no!! :)  Many of the women said they didn't eat vegetables in their countries unless they were fried. One of my Indonesian beauties asked "Amy, I eat onion rings. Those ARE vegetables!" I laughed!!!! 


So, to make me happy, they tried all the healthier choices I selected. And surprisingly, some of them ended up really loving vegetables! Yay! Healthy eating intervention! :)


The comment from my Samoan Princess friend, Visceta, made my entire week. To think that I'm Auntie Amy to her beautiful children all the way in Samoa, and she's made them eat veggies because "Auntie Amy said so" is hilarious to me. And amazing!!!!



Comments

Val said…
That is one amazing photo!!!

Popular Posts