Spring Chocolates in Paris

Spring has sprung! I feel inspired as I watch the world start to thaw out, flowers peep their brightly colored heads through the rich, dark soil. Windows and doors begin to stay open, bikers and runners are back on their trails, and for me, it's the season of chocolates! Well, at least when I am in Paris.


In 2007 and 2008, February through May were spent in Paris for work. The new spring temperatures were an tempting invitation to get outside and explore my temporary home.


On seemingly every corner, there were artisan chocolatiers selling truffles, macaroons, tarts, cakes, and beautifully detailed marzipan fruits.



These mini chocolate cows were a personal favorite.


I felt so inspired watching these artists create, listening to them passionately describe the varied notes of flavor found in each cocoa bean. I knew nothing about chocolate, but I felt after spending time in this magical city, I absorbed enough knowledge from my new corner shop chocolate loving friends (whether a reality or not) that I could choose the most delectable and rare chocolates to mail home to my family and friends.


Enjoying delicious Parisian chocolates with my family, sitting on porch-front rocking chairs while we drink in the warm breeze floating over us, is what inspires me every spring. Happy Easter and Bon Appetit throughout the season of chocolates!

Comments

Unknown said…
you had my mouth drooling with those delicious treats!! :) I've never been to Paris, let alone Europe..but my husband is eager to take me! So hopefully soon!! XO happy Easter!!
S said…
I love when you guest blog. So fun to hear about the past.
You will be popular because of this comment. LOL!
Taylor Morgan said…
looks so good!! I want to go to Paris!!
Katherine said…
mmm!!! my favorite chocolate place in paris is jean-paul hevin - delicious!!! I still dream about it. these places look DELICIOUS and i'm drooling

Popular Posts