Faces of the Earth


Looking through my friend Maryam's Pinterest today, I was drawn to the album of people and cultures she finds beautiful. It really inspired me. Poking around, I eventually found a website called Faces of the Earth, which is now one of my absolute favorites. I got lost in everyone's eyes, wrinkles, smiles, looks of sadness, joy, expression.

I found myself recognizing certain ethnic differences in people's faces from my own travels, remembering faces of local children. Seeing glimpses of pain and a lifetime of war in their eyes. The images below are not all from Faces of the Earth, but they are some of my favorites from around the web.  

Enjoy the beauty around you. Appreciate and celebrate that we are all different, each beautiful in our own ways, you included.

Woman from Indonesia near the Merapi Volcano. via Pinterest

Surma and Mursi tribes from the East Africa Omo Valley. via Daily Mail

Tahoua, Niger. via Faces of the Earth

via figuelove.tumbler.com

If I were to get a tattoo, I imagine it would have a similar theme

via pinterest

via pinterest

women from Rajasthan via pinterest

Comments

Elle Sees said…
those images are stunning. and i hope you're feeling better
Mrs. Pancakes said…
The images are sooo amazing and beautiful!!
Test said…
Amazing images that show us the beauty in other places
Grumpy1 said…
Just to let you know..an absolute amazing Tattoo Artist from Lithuania has tattooed the Beautiful young African girl you have on your page..When I first saw it I was amazed how good a tattoo it is I thought it was a photo and now seeing the real photo amazes me even more..If you would like me to email it to you let me know...It is amazing...John

Popular Posts