From Colombia With Love

I worked late tonight. Crossing t's and dotting i's before the holidays can be stressful, as we all know! Usually if an unknown number is calling my cell, I don't pick up. But I felt like I should...so I did. 

"Hi my name is Maria. I'm friends with one of your women graduates from Colombia. She gave me a gift for you and I promised I'd give it to you before Christmas. Can you meet me tonight?". 

Oh my goodness. I felt overwhelmed with gratitude and humbled by my sweet Colombian friend's generosity, sending a gift across many nations to get here by Christmas. 

I met her in the Home Depot parking lot. She had 3 little babies in the back seat. She apologized for her English, that she's trying to learn. I complimented her, and said I understood every word. She handed me a Christmas package, kissed my cheek, and left. Merry Christmas, all.May we all strive to be as loving, giving, and thoughtful... All year long!

Comments

Unknown said…
this post made me smile. what a lovely gesture from your friend in Colombia. I wish that God may bless you with lots of love, health and peace in 2013. happy holidays amiga.

Popular Posts