Afghan Women, Cowboys, Diplomas, and Stilettos?!


The 11 women entrepreneurs from Project Artemis have graduated from the Thunderbird for Good program and returned to Afghanistan. They were absolutely the most incredible, inspirational, beautiful people. I feel like we've known each other for years... 

I feel so grateful that I'm able to spend time with, and learn from these extraordinary women. There were two amazing 'quote worthy' moments that day. 

During our last class, Sweeta said something profound: "We were the charcoal under the ashes. We knew we had the ability within us to burn. You were the fan that lit us."

At graduation, Geeti spoke and said: "Today we expose to the world that Afghan women can do business, can travel alone, can walk beside everyone else and raise their voices.  We show that we are brave, we are clever, we can have our own choices, we can reach our own wishes in our lifetime . . . This training has grown our capabilities and made us recognize who we really are."

I feel blessed. Lucky. Happy. Inspired.


Sweeta (how great is her name?!) and me at graduation 

Darling Nargis, Asila, and me at graduation

The SHOES these ladies wore... I am amazed. 

Happy Graduation! So proud of them!
Rawhide Western Town and Steakhouse. Fakhria is SASSY! Love this!

Steve and I dancing after an HOUR of requests from the ladies.... I have two left feet...


Love this girl. She was so excited to meet "cowboys".

The LAUGH! I love this!

Comments

Bri Buzali said…
every time I read a post about your job and what you do I just feel so inspired! It's so awesome, seriously, and inspiration!

Popular Posts