The Unanswered Prayer








Remember that whole private aviation thing I did....forever? Then how it ended abruptly and I was at a loss for WHY? How I thought it was the end of my world? The worst thing to ever happen to me? My brand new condo, car, computer, phone,  job was taken away from me in 12 hours? Completely heartbroken and head spinning, I headed to Phoenix.




THANK GOD for unanswered prayers. Thank God that everything I "lost" was only STUFF. Material possessions that mean nothing. Thank you Google for (again) helping me realize why hindsight is truly always 20/20.




Perspective. It's all about perspective.


This is what I learned today about my former boss. I remember when every single one of these events happened.... I just had no idea what was going on behind the scenes. We traveled with a team of attorneys, accountants, bodyguards. Now I see why.


Snippets from two of the many articles I found:


Westernbank Puerto Rico suspected that Kachkar had duped the bank into making $140 million worth of loans Inyx could never repay.   


The courts ran search-and-seizure operations in Canada and Puerto Rico, dispatching bank auditors to grab computers, lock up offices and poke through shrink-wrapped piles of goods in search of hidden documents.   (hello, airplane sold overnight... Little did I know why.)




Next up on Google (July 2011): 


According to French media reports, the businessman was given a 10-month suspended sentence and must pay a 50,000 euro fine in relation to his failed purchase of the Olympique de Marseille soccer club in 2007. (My point of view of that whole experience) 

He must also pay damages of 500,000 euros to the family of Robert Louis-Dreyfus, the Olympique owner who has since died.

In 2007, local media questioned Kachkar’s $180 million (Canadian) offer and the Ministry of Finance launched an investigation.
French media remember Kachkar for his burst of enthusiasm, dancing in the locker-room with players, touring the stadium, and watching the games. He owned property in a nearby town in the south of France and said he had been a Marseille fan for many years.

“I’m very happy to buy Marseille,” Kachkar said in March 2007. “I will do everything possible to make Marseille a champion club in everything it does.”

But it never happened. The deal fell through two weeks later after Louis-Dreyfus decided not to extend a payment deadline.
I.AM.GRATEFUL. So very grateful that what I thought I wanted, wasn't given to me. 


Comments

Taylor Morgan said…
AMEN SISTER! I am also SO grateful for unanswered prayers. The other day James and I watched the movie Bruce Almighty and the man who plays God said something so true and funny when talking about people's prayers, "Since when do people ever know what they want?" God always knows what we want before we even know we want it and I am SO grateful for that!!
Unknown said…
i didn't know, even when you posted the news story and your mom commented. You are a shining star Ms. Amy and you will succeed and lead us all to being better human beings (I just typed beans, lol).
Love you
Ginny

Popular Posts